Tuesday, July 22, 2014

trasformation setback

This year for our anniversary we took the kids to the mountains. Every year we try to go somewhere with the kids around our anniversary and last year we went alone because we never had a honeymoon. We stayed 3 nights in a 1 bedroom cabin, thank God for the pull out couch. ;)

I was so excited while packing about getting away for a few days, that I forgot to pack my workout clothes. >.<  That was my excuse for not using the gym at our cabin resort. I thought I was eating healthy, minus the whole bottle of captain morgan coconut rum that I drank.... by myself! Note to self.... alcohol and fitness don't mix. I already knew that and reality hit me this morning when I did my t.t. comparison pic from week 5 to week 6 (this week). Although I don't have a time frame on my accomplishments, it's disturbing to me that in 4 days..... I went back to looking like week 4! I'm so glad I started the progression pics. Not to be obsessive, but to see my faults and my successes. I'm not a drinker, usually have 1 drink for my birthday every year and that's it, but I felt like I needed the escape from the stress of this year. We celebrated 12 years of marriage,  me getting through school, and family time. We were active.... no where near what I would have done in the gym, but we walked and swam in the pool. That has to count for something, right? I'll just have to take this as a lesson learned and remember not to do it again. I need to work on my self discipline a little more, stick to my meal plan and keep challenging myself daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment