Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mind, Body and Soul part 2

As 2013 comes to an end and 2014 begins, new years resolutions will be reflected upon. Did I keep my resolution? what will my new one be?... ect. This year, for me, I can say YES!! Yes, I kept my resolution and I am so proud of myself. No, I'm not where I wanted to be in my original weight loss goal, but I am getting there. Each day comes with new lessons. Some of my struggles are what to eat, what not to eat, what motivation can I find on pinterest today. I think there's way to many options for "me". While it is great to have variety for most people, for me it's a total disaster when it comes to food. Too many options leaves me in a state of confusion and I get overwhelmed and frustrated. Finding your place in weight loss can be so motivating but it can also be depressing. I think of myself as a very complicated person. I over think EVERYTHING, I have to have the answer to EVERYTHING, things have to be in order ALL the time and if they're not, it drives me completely nuts. This is where my people watching, gets the best of me. I start to compare my life with theirs and that's a BIG no-no. NEVER compare your life or you weight loss/lifestyle to someone else. YOU are YOU, you are not that other person. GOD made YOU the way you are for a reason. There is not another YOU anywhere in this world and there will never be another YOU. I can see from personal experience how people can get so discouraged by seeing someone else's weight loss results. Maybe you started your lifestyle change at the same time someone else did and you're about the same weight... they lost more than you or it is more noticeable and it discourages you. There are MANY reasons why that could happen and it's better to just focus on you and your life and not dwell on the fact that it's taking you longer to achieve something that someone else already has. My whole purpose in my lifestyle change is about GOD. It isn't about trying to look good in a bikini again, I could care less about that. It's about being healthy so that I can fulfill GOD's will for the life HE has given me. I'm taking care of the body HE has given me. I've come a long way in a year, I'm so excited to see what GOD has planned for me in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment